From this June 20 you can discover a new temporary exhibition in the Gilliot & Roelants Tile Museum in Hemiksem Belgium, near Antwerp. This exhibition is entirely devoted to Art Nouveau.
From the impressive tile collection by Roberto Pozzo – with more than 9,000 tiles – which has been managed by the Gilliot & Roelants Tile Museum in Hemiksem since 2016, we have selected some 30 decorative panels and more than 300 tiles that are among the most beautiful examples of Belgian production; both from Gilliot & Cie’s plant as from competitors such as Boch Frères, Helman, the SA La Majolique, the Manufactures de Céramiques de Hasselt, the S.A. La Dyle from Wijgmaal and many Walloon factories including the Faienceries de Nimy.
Come and see this feast for the eye!
- Free entrance to the temporary exhebition and the rest of the museum
- sunday june 20th and sunday jun 27 th – 2 pm – 5 pm
- july, august & september: wednesday to sunday – 2 pm – 5 pm
- october 2021 to april 2022: every first sunday of the month – 2 pm – 5 pm
- may 2022 to june 2022: every sunday – 2 pm – 5 pm
- Adress: Sint-Bernardusabdij 2 – 2620 Hemiksem, Antwerp province, Belgium (by car via Nijverheidsstraat)
- Info & reservations: email@example.com
- How to get there:
- Bike : junction 85
- Waterbus Antwerpen-Hemiksem or ferry Kruibeke-Bazel- Hemiksem
- Train : line S32 Antwerpen-Boom-Puurs
- De Lijn (bus): busline 14 (stop Nijverheidsstraat), 290,295 & 298 (stop Bosstraat)
- Car : A12 Antwerpen-Boom, Nijverheidsstraat, Hemiksem
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!